Small Business Spotlight Saturday - Happy Panda Hemp

  •  Introduce yourself and your business: 
My name is Brittany. I am the owner of Happy Panda Hemp. I make handmade hemp jewelry. I have been doing it as a hobby for a few years but have just recently started to get more serious about making it a business. 
  • How'd you get started on selling?: 
originally a friend showed me how to do some basic knots and I thought he did an amazing job. I told him we should  make and sell items together. I got all the supplies we needed and it took off from there. He stopped creating but I fell in love!
  • What was your inspiration for your business?: 
same as above
  • What's your favorite shop item and why?: 
I love each of my creations! They are all different and unique. I don't think I could choose just one.
  • How do you unwind when you're not creating/working?: 
Spending time with my 2 children and fiancé. Anything we do together makes me a happy mama.
  • What was your worst job?: 
McDonalds. I worked there for 5 years and it was horrible every day!
  • Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?: 
Secret? Not so much. I do love binge watching Netflix ;-)
  • List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops or websites.: 
Ambergate Apothacary, JackZenHempWorks, and TheKnottyRatsNest
  • Do you have a favorite author? 
R.A. Salvatore 
  • If money was no object and you can live wherever you want, where would that be?
 In the middle of nowhere in the mountains somewhere.
  • What is your best childhood memory?: 
Playing computer video games with my parents and siblings every weekend.




  • How would you describe your work style?: 
I want to say unique. I try to take things I learn and see and make them into my own. I love using bright colors and trying to make every creation something that isn't seen everywhere
  • Who are your heroes?: 
I have a group of artists on facebook that are absolutely my heros. They inspire me to create and expand my knowledge to grow my business. Some of those people are Michael Bergman of Blue Light Rain Hemp, Ashley Jackson of JackZenHempWorks and Christine Marie of Ambergate Apothacary.
  • What would you do if you won the lottery?: 
Pay off debt and make sure my family had a nice little house where we could live comfortably. With what I had left I would stash it away for my kids.
  • What was the last movie you watched? Was it good?:
 Lord of the Rings. It was amazing ;-)
  • If you knew what you know now, when you started your business, what would you do different?: 
I would have put more time into learning about the business aspects of everything before trying to jump in head first. I also would have tried to learn more in depth patterns early on.

You can find Happy Panda Hemp here:


Comments

Popular Posts