October is the best month!


Why October is the BEST month ever!

I know, I know, most of you are saying no it's not, December is because of Christmas (or whichever month is YOUR favorite). But let me take a moment to tell you why October really is the best month.

We all know there's Halloween, one of the funnest holidays around. We all get to dress up (without mocking!) however we'd like, go to parties and trick-or-treat. So that's reason #1 why October is the best month.

***************************************************************

Here are the two other reasons: 

Most (if not all) people also know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Everyone goes Pink in October. I'm a big NFL fan (Go Patriots!) and I giggle just a bit when watching games during October. 300+lb guards wearing pink gloves - it's so out of place lol. Breast cancer has a personal meaning for me - my mother, my daughter's bff's mother and my sister's mother-in-law all fought (or are still fighting) this horrible cancer. My mother is my hero and inspiration - after battling breast cancer, she went on to not only earn a Bachelor's Degree, but just this month she received her Master's Degree! She went back to college not to get a better job, but for personal enrichment (same reason I am now)

****************************************************************


By now, most of my readers are aware of the nonprofit bullying prevention organization I started, the Be a #BellaOriginal Foundation Inc.  October is National Bullying Prevention Month. (by the way, this will be the last full article on the foundation here because it now has it's own blog! The Be a #BellaOriginal Foundation Inc. Blog be sure to take the poll on the left side over there!)

This is by far the cause that I'm most passionate about due to my youngest daughter being bullied in middle school. If you visit the blog you can view the video we made with her and her friend Daniel telling their stories.

Wednesday October 21 is #UnityDay2015  Show that you're United with us against bullying by wearing Orange.  We offer orange bracelets in our shop and if you go to our foundation's website at www.bellaoriginal.com and click on Merchandise, we offer Unity Day t-shirts and the proceeds benefit the foundation.

One last thing - the foundation is having a Coloring Contest that is open to all ages, go to www.bellaoriginal.com/coloring.html for all the details.


So now you know why October is the best month!

Until Next Time...

Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts