Small Business Spotlight: Lanni Loo's Bows and Tutus


Today's Small Business Spotlight is 
Lanni Loo's Bows and Tutus 
  •  Introduce yourself and your business....  
My name is Amanda Mullery-Marconi, I am the owner and designer behind Lanni Loo's Bows and Tutus.  I make a variety of accessories for little girls, and even some items for little boys!  I enjoy everything about creating, making and selling!
  • How'd you get started on selling?   
I've always been crafty, even when I was little I would make matching headbands for me and my sister.  When I found out I was having a girl, I began making bows.  I would make for my friends and family, everyone loved them and the word spread! 
  • What was your inspiration for your business?  
My daughter, Alanna, is my inspiration.  She is my businesses namesake, I began creating because of her!  I love to make things I know she will love.  
  • What's your favorite shop item and why?  
My favorite item is the dress I made for my daughter's first birthday.  It is pink and blue, incredibly poofy and topped off with beautiful flowers.  I love to make other custom tutu dresses.  I made a fabulous peacock inspired flower girl dress, it was gorgeous!


  • How do you unwind when you're not creating/working?   
Creating is my unwinding.  I work full time, so on the weekends when the kids are asleep, it is just me, my ribbon and Netflix!  
  • What was your worst job?  
Retail, or anything I have done in food service.  Besides my boutique business, working with children is my passion.
  • Do you have a secret guilty pleasure?   
Reality TV shows.  Besides kid shows, my TIVO is filled with Real Housewives, Pitbulls and Paroles, Kardashians, anything on Bravo.... 
  • List 3 of your favorite Etsy shops or websites.    
Pink Alligator Boutique  (on Facebook)  
Make My Maxi  www.etsy.com/shop/MakeMyMaxi    
More Than Many Sparrows Boutique   www.etsy.com/shop/ManySparrowsBoutique
  • Do you have a favorite author? 
Jodi Picoult,  Nicholas Sparks, Mitch Albom
  • If money was no object and you can live wherever you want, where would that be?  
This is a tough one.  I would say, wherever my children were happy. They are happy where we are with family and friends!
  • What is your best childhood memory?  
Making houses out of boxes in parking lot of my grandmother's gift shop,  camping, making up plays and dance routines and putting on shows for my mom.
  • How would you describe your work style?  
Organized Chaos.  If I am doing custom orders, I am going down my order list I am organized.  If I am working on something special and my creativity get rolling, I look at my craft room two hours later and it looks like a tornado rolled through!

  • Who are your heroes?  
My mother and my grandmother.  They are the two most selfless, loving people I know.  They would do anything for their children and family. 
  • What would you do if you won the lottery? 
It depends how much it is.  Pay off my house, buy my husband a truck, take the kids to Disney and book every extra thing I could!
  • What was the last movie you watched? Was it good?  
My husband and I watched the new X-Men a couple nights ago.  I'm sure it was great, we fell asleep 20 minutes into it.  I've seen Frozen about a dozen times in the past week, now that's a good one!
  • If you knew what you know now, when you started your business, what would you do different?  
I'm not sure I would change anything.  I take everything as a learning experience.  Maybe not buy so much so I don't have to track the mail man down on my way home from work before my husband sees the loads of things coming through the door.

You can visit Lanni Loo's at

Etsy link/Website Link  www.etsy.com/shop/LanniLoo
Facebook Link www.facebook.com/lanniloos
Pinterest  @amandamarconi
Instagram @lanniloosbowsandtutus

Comments

Popular Posts