10 Reasons to Buy Handmade Jewelry
Whether you're shopping online or at the mall, you're inundated with so many choices when it comes to jewelry. You've seen all the "trendy" pieces at that small, popular, mall shop and all the expensive pieces at the big box jewelry stores. With so many choices, how do you decide what to buy for yourself and others? And what about Handmade Jewelry? From Amazon to Etsy, there's so many choices. Here's 10 reasons you should choose handmade:
- Department store jewelry tends to be mass produced and designed toward the trend of the moment. Celebrate your own style, not the style of the masses.
- Workmanship is evident, and handcrafted jewelry can last forever.
- Your handmade jewelry will become a conversation piece.
- Handmade jewelry is a piece of art, and retains its value as such.
- Purchasing artisan jewelry keeps money in the artists local economy.
- Jewelry store markup varies widely between 100 and 500 percent. Artisans tend to keep their markups low, around 50%.
- Artisan jewelers take pride in their work, and are known for forming one-on-one relationships with their customers. They work hard to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase and your shopping experience.
- Handmade jewelry makes a fantastic gift for any any occasion. By choosing something handmade the recipient will know you spent the time to choose a meaningful present, and will think of you often while wearing the piece.
- Great design and craftsmanship never goes out of style!
- Each piece tells a story and holds a message. A little piece of me goes into each and every piece of my jewelry. Time has been taken to ensure each item is perfect.
Still not convinced handmade is better? When you buy a piece of jewelry from the mall, can you talk directly with the person who made it? What if you'd like to make a small change to the piece, can the mall employee help?
When you purchase a piece of my handmade jewelry -
- You know who made it.
- It's guaranteed for life - repair or replace
- You can request custom changes to an existing piece OR a completely custom piece
- You'll get personal service - a handwritten thank you note and gift
- You're helping to support a FAMILY not a CORPORATION
Check out a few of my pieces: